What's new
  • If you have problems with your VIP upgrade send a photo of your bill directly to @Rito at here, he will assist you in the fastest. Do not worry!!!

TUTORIAL VMOS Pro Global/CN FREE Custom ROMs | Android 4.4.4, 5.1.1, 7.1.2 | ROOT | Gapps | Xposed | (NO VIP NEEDED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Hart

Support
Staff member
Support Team
1.png
VMOS Pro was protected so I wasn't able to modify/crack APK. Instead, I made a custom ROM as a zip file for VMOS Pro that includes permanent root and Xposed, all done on my Android phone because zipping on Windows or Linux caused corruption on the ROM file.

If you wonder why VMOS team released pro version, they got suspended from making money from ads so they can only make money from VIP service. If you support them, consider to pay VIP per month to keep them up and you can use their official ROM with switchable root option

YOU CANNOT INSTALL ANY OTHER ROMS SUCH AS SAMSUNG, HUAWEI, ETC THAT ARE NOT MADE FOR VMOS. VMOS ROM IMPORTING IS FOR VMOS ROM ONLY. PLEASE DO NOT BE DUMB, THANKS!

Download VMOS Pro app

English and Chinese version has been combined into one APK, so you will get same version if you downloaded from EN or CN website
If you want to use modded APK, you do not need to use custom ROM

Global (EN) website:
VMOS Virtual Machine Operating System - Double Your Android System

Chinese website:
产品中心-VMOSPro

Download custom ROMs:

The following ROMs are available. ALL ROMs are tested before release:
- Android 7.1.2 ARM64/64-bit (Root, Xposed and Gapps included)
- Android 7.1.2 ARMv7/32-bit (Root, Xposed and Gapps included)
- Android 5.1.1 ARMv7/32-bit (Root, Xposed and Gapps included)
- Android 4.4.4 ARMv7/32-bit (Root, Xposed and Gapps included) (PlayStore currently broken. I don't know why)

Do you want other Android version? Please contact VMOS developers, not me, I'm not a developer, I can only modify!

Custom ROMs by AndnixSH:

ROMs should work on future versions too
LINK DOWNLOAD

6.96 GB folder on MEGA

View Folder - SBUpload - The next-gen File Hosting

MediaFire

Custom ROM Folder

Chinese based ROMs:

VMOS虚拟大师论坛

Chinese ROMs can also be downloaded inside community section (As of 1.4.0, it's currently only available if you live in china i think. You can access it on older CN version)

Other user custom ROMs:
Currently nothing yet. Some modders who previously have modded ROM have deleted the files from the internet

Installation:
Make sure to store the files on internal memory, not real SD Card because VMOS can't access SD Card. Your downloaded files are usally stored in /storage/emulated/0/download.
VERY IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE THE DIRECTORY AND FILENAME DOES NOT CONTAIN SPACES AND SPECIAL SYMBOLS, OTHERWISE IT WILL FAIL TO INSTALL THE ROM!

Open VMOS Pro, grant all permission if this is first time.

Click on plus sign

2.png

Click on 3 dots

3.png

There are 3 options, Rec the VM, Import local ROM and download remote ROM.

Rec the VM
To install your backed up ROM or from someone.

Apparently, someone uploaded their backed up ROM on youtube

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Download remote ROM
Download the ROM directly from remote URL. I had tested it with my own server and it won't install ROM after that, so no links from me at this time

Import local ROM
Import and install your downloaded ROM. This is preferred way to install custom ROM

Go to the location where the ROM files are stored and select it

4.png

The ROM will install and will boot up after that

5.png

Enjoy!

6.png

Note: You still can't switch root on/off and xposed in settings without VIP

If you have any problem, please read FAQ first.
Post an issue with the following infomation

- ROM zip name
- Your device model and android version

Keep in mind, i'm not a ROM developer nor work with VMOS internally, i'm only a modder, I may advise you to contact VMOS developers instead if I can't do anything. Please test on official ROM before reporting issues to them since VMOS team are not respondsible for custom ROMs

FAQ:
Q: Xposed framework is not activated

A: Reboot VMOS and it will work

Q: Can I install any other custom ROM that are made for phones such as Samsung, Huawei, Motorola, etc.??
A: No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no…. Like I said before: YOU CANNOT INSTALL ANY OTHER ROMS SUCH AS SAMSUNG, HUAWEI, ETC THAT ARE NOT MADE FOR VMOS. ROM INSTALLATION IS FOR VMOS ROMS ONLY. PLEASE DO NOT BE THAT DUMB!

Q: Can you add SuperSU or Magisk into the ROM?
I tried many many times to add SuperSU or Magisk but it just won't work. I guess because of the limitation of the VMOS
There is a script which can install Magisk into VMOS but it will not work correctly HuskyDG/Magisk-on-VMOS

Q: Play Store is crashing and won't open
A: Wait 1-5 mins until it updated silently

Q: My Google account won't add after login
A: This sometime happens if you login directly on Play Store. Please open Settings -> Accounts -> Add accounts

Q: Play store won't install any apps
A: Clear data of Play Store and Google Services, and reboot VMOS

Q: I have no root permission even granted
A: This is a problem with VMOS's superuser. Ask the VMOS dev to fix it

Q: Can you implement more features?
Q: Can you make custom ROM with other Android versions like Android 8, 9, 10 or 11?

A: No, i'm not VMOS developer. Contact the VMOS team

Read more FAQ on VMOS official website

VMOS help and support:
VMOS Official Channel

VMOS Official Chat™

Frequently Asked Questions-VMOS

Credits:

VMOS developers
AndnixSH (Custom ROM)
Chinese community (Custom ROM for 4.4.4 with Kinguser Root and Gapps)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back