What's new
  • If you have problems with your VIP upgrade send a photo of your bill directly to @Rito at here, he will assist you in the fastest. Do not worry!!!

Extract and decrypt images from an APK

KG56

So I am liking the art from the loading screens in one game, summoners war, I'm wanting to try my hand at ripping the games resources files and using them for phones, desktop, etc.

The problem I'm seeing is that the png images are encrypted, and the games source code decrypts them. If I try to open the PNGs in say GIMP it says its an invalid format.

When I view the images in a hex editor, the PNG header is missing and the first 16 bits are 4A 6F 6B 65 72 00 F1 01 8C 18 03 00 00 00 00 00 instead.

I have access to the deobfuscated source code of the game through Jadx, but its a bit too complex and i'm having a hard time finding the decryption algorithm that the game uses to make the images readable.

The farthest I was able to get in finding how the images are converted was finding a line of code for bitmapfactory.decoderesource and bitmapfactory.decodebytearray, but again I dont have the technical knowledge in this area to determine if this is even using the png files and decrypting them.

If anyone can try themselves and explain how the process is done to rip the files, awesome.

If anyone can just let me know what to look for or give me some pointers in moving forward, that would be fantastic as well.

KG56

Solved.

Delete the first 16 bytes of data for each png file, then change the file format to .jpg.

Game Hack Similar

Back